Thursday, March 21, 2013

hey listen, what can you say about Audio Media?

My first impression with audio media in education, in all honesty, was really boring. Maybe it doesn’t work for me. Take for example, I have several Berlitz audio book for Spanish and Japanese proficiency but they ended at the cul de sac of My Documents folders. As all I know is that audio is solely for MP3, and mp3 for me is your usual tracks that are constantly played on the loop.

Anyway, audio media, given with ample recognition and value, can actually brought forward better understanding and can maximize learning, and again this depends on the individual if this wouldn’t work then try other media as this is not a pre requisite but just an option. As we have to consider audio media as information that are or can not be limited to: tape, cassette, vinyl, radio mp3 player and the likes.

Mp3 player and radio, I’m fine with it, but cassette and vinyl? Haller?!

Anyway, I would love the idea of this university radio (which I haven’t tried listening to yet. What’s the frequency again?  DZUP  and UP-FM 87.5, right?) or even how DJs flirt with their unseen listeners, I think we can learn from them one thing or another even how one discussion can lead to stupidity or plain non sense.

The best way to utilize audio media is to pair it up with other visual related media, as again, we are all visual learners (as per the closing of the eyes and think about love then tell me what can you see moment) or you can actually listen to an audio book, with a cup of coffee (and a sin taxed cigarette perhaps) while watching the rain aimlessly outside the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment