Thursday, March 21, 2013

There are two kinds of Instructional Media Resources

traditional: very organic, can be physically feel and experience as this has a sense of realness. one of the strength that i could consider is that the experience is actual, thus it could fully penetrate ones psyche so the level of learning is more effective and more memorable. however most of them are transient such as paper back guide books, black board or even a flower for coloring. 
digital: recently widespread and accessible but still limited to some (in a Philippine context or other developing countries). its strength would be it's more dynamic and interactive yet for me it's all about illusions. so learning through this media is all about watching a film rather than watching theater. 

The advent of modern technology somehow turn the old traditional media into shadows but it doesn't mean that traditional media should be forgotten. for me there are some lessons that can be effectively taught by flash presentation, video or any computer related program, but if there's a need to focus on the holistic and longetivity of knowledge, my preference would be traditional media. 


I must admit that i'm one of the pioneer "users" of media technology. let's set aside TV and radio,  but I'm one of those who started blogging when blogger.com was newly launched. i had my twitter account since 2007. Facebook? never mind. but these social media cum media technology were used to update friends and connect. in my case, it's sort of a personal biography or a journal since I'm on of those people who are "malilimutin" . i just simply love rereading what has transpired in my life.


But now these are used to simply say: "hey, i do exist". it makes me feel sad to the extend i wanna puke.

Anyway, since this is already a trend---
an inevitable cultural avalanche, then one would just join the fun whether you like it or not. its a yes yes situation since this is already happening, as a student and as a future teacher what i would like to attain is the responsibility of using these media as a tool for a unified humanitarian purposes.



Now, one would wonder if it is applicable to integrate media technology in your future classroom. It was said it's no longer a question anymore as this is how our future education is heading to. Just what Prof. Pitagan had done, will tweet when i can't attend my class. lol , nah just practicing my ill-witted humor. 

Well, if my time and my  capability permits, i  will develop an app that coincide to their social media account for my class that turn into an alarm clock so they wouldn't miss my class and their assignments. again another lame joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment