Thursday, March 21, 2013

Learning Theories

I consider the Holistic Theory as the foundation of my personal learning experience. Holistic theory adheres with the notion that individual personality consists of many elements e.g. the intellect, emotions, the body impulse (or desire) intuition and imagination. I believe there is a correlation between personality and learning. Thus, whatever I've learned since childhood and the things I want to learn while in the academe is mostly based on the sensory I can fully grasp. Personally, I could learn more effectively when all aspects of a person--mind, body and spirit--are involved in the experience.

As a future Art teacher, I would make use of the new techniques in teaching and will make sure not to lose the personal mentoring of each kid. Regular assessment or coaching is needed for them to be guided appropriately. Hands on experience is also vital in the fields of art, I can only imagine lists of activities we could do such as drawing, painting and pottery. I don't want to put any limitation on whatever the “best” technique and form or figure there is, I'm very much open to individuals' own preference and own imagination.

It would be the combination of these:

*learning by doing such as workshops. Workshops! Workshops! and workshops! (Never ending workshops. Action learning theory)

* through
reflections
(Experiential learning) and will have more time spending on realizing what we have learned and what could have been done to improve a certain skill or talent.

* Lastly, my favorite: Facilitation theory wherein I'll hone them by spending more time with them. As a facilitator, I will be inclined to pay attention on their experience and interaction with their co-learners. Will listen to their stories. Will give constructive criticism by providing negative and positive feedback in the most appropriate way.

No comments:

Post a Comment